Monday, September 14, 2009

Eeram

I d'ont know how the response is for this movie in Chennai. Somehow I had the feel Shankar productions movies will be too sentimental and emotional that too in the negative way like how things turn in Kadhal and Kallori. Those are movies I would enjoy and watch but somehow I would not be able to enjoy it much in the big screen as at the end of the day it leaves a negative sad feel in me. This time I had been too bored of movies online sitting in US. After Ayan I had not seen a movie in theatre and I got the chance yesterday. With hopes I will not walk out with a heavy heart like Kadhal or Kallori I decided to watch this movie.

Just as I thought we were totally 7 people in the theatre. Its not because of the movie but thats how it is here in Minneapolis. More becasue we made it for the matinee show. Probably the evening shows will have more crowd.

Getting to the movie, I would assure everyone this movie is very different and has nothing similar to Kadhal or Kallori. But the story was not totally new either. The base is very much what we have all seen in so many tamil movies but still it makes you worth the watch.

After the first 30 min, he keeps to waiting as in what next? He makes you do some guesses and after one stage though you know everything, you still wait to know how he has taken it further and finished. May be the speed was missing a little here and there. As for the songs, we only had 3 of them and all of them just flow with the movie. No necessity for the crowd to go out for a break in the name of introduction song or item numbere here :) I have no idea who this hero Aadi is but he has given a very neat performance. At the same time I never expected anti hero in Nandha which was different and quite ok.

It was good work by the camera man from beginning to end. Also the way the flashback was shown in link with the current story made it more interesting. Always thrillers should be watched in the big screen in theatres to get the feel and enjoy the movie as it runs. After a long time I watched a tamil movie in theatre and thankfully I had picked the right movie. It was a crimer thriller but a good entertainer to me :)

No comments: