Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Color Change in Minnesota

When I came to US, I was waiting to see 2 things. Snow and autumn color change. Snow was something I could see right the second day I was here in US as I came here in Nov. I had been waiting for Oct to see the color change in trees.

I have heard the best color change can be seen in New Hamshire and Vermont in USA but I knew it was too much to travel for this. Also this change can happen anytime from Sept end to second week in Oct and planning too late would make it hard. But at the same time I know well Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin are as well best places to see the fall color changes. The below pic was taken in the drive to Duluth.




The best time to visit places were the first week of October this yr. We visited a few places in Northern Minnesota Wisconsin Border like St Croix Taylor falls area and the trail routes. It was such a pleasant drive with beautiful changes to see. One big disappointment was the temperature going as low as 34 to 31 F that we were in freezing stage most of the time that it was so hard to get off the car and even click few pics :(




 
I enjoyed the weekend visting so many places and infact everday the trees I see around my apartments is a beauty. But then all this will disappear in a weeks time.

No comments: