Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Vaaranam Aayiram!!

Gautham has tried a lot of things.. But I wonder if its a real success. One thing I felt is "This movie is not any entertainer, but yes as they say, it makes you think of dad son feel when u move out of the place". The songs are amazing, and well i would even say its hard to pick one best as every song is special in one way or the other. The proposal and love scenes between Surya and Sameera are extremly enjoyable and it even makes you think "wow how lucky that girl is". Simran as usual does perfect justice to her role. Surya - my god i was staring at the screen not able to believe how they could show him so young as an engineering student :) amazing

I have one question here? What was the idea of bringing in so much english in the movie? May be I agree today's generation speak few sentences in English and few in Tamil but then when you make a movie like that, how do u intend to reach all crowd? Some of those dialogues are realistic like when ramya says "how dare, dont touch me" and when on phone surya speaks to his parents in english... I know even i speak that way at home :) but so much of english in a movie will make it hard to reach all levels of people..

To me it was a good time pass in the weekend when I am actually left with no other option to entertain myself. But I really dont see a chance for one more time...

1 comment:

Balaji said...

1. Movie is meant for niche audiences ..not mass viewers ...
2. Quality of tamil movies released during the recent past is pathetic (bheema, sathyam,thenavattu to name a few ...) , so Varanam is better compared to those
3. Didnt you watch VV and kaakha kaakha ...overdose of english ..typical in gautham menon's movies ??
4. But yes compared to his earlier movies , film requires a great patience to sit through ..