Monday, June 22, 2009

Vijay Awards 2008

I watched the complete show though the clarity was poor in the online links.... I dint know what was in for me but just started watching as I was bored at home.... I would not regret the 5 hrs spent in it just for the fact of watching Kamal Hassan up and down the stage and gaining laurels to his name :)

The hype for Varanam Aayiram was too much and not to forget the scene of Surya taking the award got too sentimental... Irrespective of that, he deserved the award for when I think of his looks in the movie, he looked perfect to be a boy of age 17 , or 22 or 25 or even the dad character guy. Just for the effort involved in making sure he suites the age perfect :)

A few were argumental like Bhagyaraj son Shanthanu getting the fresh face when we had amazing performance from the Anjathae guy.... Somehow Saroja deserved to have something for bringing good comedy with thrill but sad that it went home empty handed.

Subramaniyapuram and Anjathae happened to get some good deserving awards and gave a good competition to Varanam Aayiram. But at the end, Best Director to Gautham was somehow not convincing to me while KS Ravikumar really deserved it.

The show was an entertainer to me as I dint find any interesting Tamil movies in the 2 months. They dint bug us much with entertaining dances. The number were pretty less.

I am eagerly waiting for "Unnaipol Oruvan" . All the best Kamal Hassan!!!



No comments: