Friday, August 7, 2009

Niagara Falls

We had a nice weekend in Niagara Falls recently. Before I planned this trip, people suggested I see the falls from Canada Side. Now I was not able to plan that as it demanded 4 days trip atleast. To add on I would need the first day for visa. I even remember people telling me, don't waste visiting in American side. After a lot of confusion I had to take the option of US side due to leave constraint for my husband.

We reached the airport and was shocked seeing rains. I was wondering, do I carry rains with me everywhere? My last day of vacation in SFO had little rains and then my first day in Mt Rushmore S.Dakota ended in rains and not the same in Buffalo :(

The next morning was a surprise to me as I could see some sunshine :) We happily headed to the falls and well I had imagined I would not see anything good (due to the feedback from friends) but it was still a amazing sight to watch. We had good time visiting the mist boat tour and cave of the winds. But only after spending one full day there I realised the place had nothing to see for more than 6 hrs and you will get bored if you spend anytime more than that.






We stayed longer till 10PM to watch the fireworks as we missed it in Mt Rushmore on July 4th. This time with the rains not showing up, we had a nice time watching the fireworks. After seeing the place I realised that viewing the falls from Canada Side would be the best treat to the eyes :)

One surprise was the number of Indian eateries in that area. I ended up seeing more than 5 places with Indian food. Though it can be agreed as a big tourism place, its still a surprise what makes it so special for Indians :)

No comments: