Friday, July 24, 2009

Power Cut

I had never heard of power cut in US. But when we experienced it 2 days back, I realised life comes to a halt here in case of power cut for more than couple of hrs :( Some transformers were down and hence power cut for 12 hrs. Nothing worked. No phone, no gas, no intercom nothing. You turn any side you learn nothing is working. That's why I said everything came to a halt. It was a very different experience. To add on the fire alarm went on to shout due to loss of power. Physical removal (that's a security breach)of that was the only way to get peaceful sleep. But I ended up having a miserable sleep due to that painful sound all through the night. I was just wondering how would it be in Chennai. In fact nothing would come to a stop except for the fact we will sweat out in irritation due to loss of power :(

No comments: