Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pathetic Experience at MAC entrance

I have been to MAC stadium twice for test matches and once during 2008 IPL. But I had the worst possible experience this week when I made it for CSK and MI match. People warned me that you won’t get good seats unless you make it to stadium 2 or 3 hrs in advance. Being a working day, I could make it to stadium by 6.45 PM for 8PM match. I was shocked to see that the gate for Rs 500 was crowded with the queue running from gate in bells road to Madras University entrance on Wallajah Road. I was trying to verify if it was some problems which lead to that big queue. But I could not identify any issues in any other gates. There were queues but to the maximum of 100 people or so. What I saw in Rs 500 queue was close to 3000 people.

Ofcourse there were number of people trying to break the queue and join in between but I still wonder how things can be so unorganized that people had to miss 2 to 5 overs of the game before they could enter the stadium.The entrance gate is so damn small that it permits only one person to pass through at a time, whereas the stand corresponding to that gate is one of the largest stands. I can only wish that these kind of things dont happen again!!
 

No comments: